Haven’t done a lot of posting this week… Sorry about that. I’ve been dealing with migraines and, once again, stomach pains. Maybe I could just carve my stomach out with a spoon. Sometimes I think it might hurt less. Anyway, here are my top 5 for this week:
1) “Wake Me Up When September Ends,” Green Day – I liked this song from the moment I heard it on the American Idiot album, and I saw the video for the first time over the weekend and got chill bumps. This song is going to be huge.
2) “Tonight,” Sara Evans – Yeah, you’ll get whiplash going from punk to country, but I’ve always liked her voice. It’s not as good as Martina McBride, but there’s something more heartbreaking in it that makes her suited to country songs. My husband just likes her videos!
3) “Flying High,” Jem – I haven’t bought her entire album, Finally Woken, but I probably should. I’ve bought four songs off of it and loved them all. This one is a nice, acoustic piece about the emotions and temptations of a budding relationship.
4) “Face Down,” Katie Todd Band – This is one of the free downloads from iTunes this week, so check it out. For an easy comparison, she’s a cross between U2 and Coldplay – only she’s a chick. It’s a good song, and I’ve bought a couple others from her album.
5) “Remedy,” Seether – My husband will be most pleased with this selection. He loves this song, and I find myself nodding my head to it as well. It has an awesome, driving guitar lick in it, and it’s finally catching on around the rock stations here in Greenville.