1) How Do You Keep Love Alive, Ryan Adams & The Cardinals – Beautiful song, beautiful lyrics: She runs through my veins like a long, black river and rattles my cage like a thunderstorm. I literally stopped what I was doing when I heard that sentence.
2) Sooner or Later, Michael Tolcher – Nice rock/pop music and some cool lyrics: Sooner or later we’ll be looking back on everything, and we’ll laugh about it like we knew what was happening. And someday you might listen to what people have to say, but now you learn the hard way.
3) Cool, Gwen Stefani – I love that ’80s pop sound. Some people I know didn’t like her solo album, but for the most part I thought it was… well, cool. Shut up.
4) Breakdown, Jack Johnson – Okay, you’re gonna be dealing with Jack Johnson songs for a couple of weeks more because I. Love. This. Album.
5) Wild Horses, The Sundays – That’s right, I’ll just dive back into the early ’90s without any warning. I’m crazy like that.
And just another warning: If you’re tired of seeing Jack Johnson in my countdown, just wait. I bought and downloaded the Antigone Rising album from iTunes tonight, and I’ve got a feeling that those songs will also be popping up here beginning next week!