Today is mine and hubby’s wedding anniversary. At this time six years ago, the wedding rings had been found, we’d both made it to the chapel, the ceremony went beautifully, and we were pronounced man and wife… sucker. Hee hee.
So today, I give you five observations about our marriage:
- He HATES all the Christmas hullabaloo. It’s not that he doesn’t believe in the holiday; he just things the commercialization goes too far. When I want to buy lights for outside, he moans and groans. He’s not one for driving around and looking at Christmas lights, which is, of course, one of my favorite things to do during the holidays.
- When we actually find an album that we both like, the song I like the most is always the song he likes the least and vice versa.
- I love taking different routes to the places we frequent. He finds it unnecessary and frustrating.
- My favorite Christmas song is “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.” He likes to sing “It’s beginning to look a lot like syphilis” to the tune of “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas.” He’d rather be dipped in a vat of hydrochloric acid than listen to Christmas music.
- Despite these and all our other differences, he can still call me from the doctor’s office — when they’ve had to draw blood and he’s almost passed out because of his incredible dread of needles — to say that he just wanted to hear my voice, and my heart will melt and my eyes will tear up.
Happy anniversary, Hubby, and please don’t kill me for telling the last incident. 😉