I know I haven’t posted anything since the my final day at the office, which was June 27th. You really don’t want to hear how I was fine until the after-hours happy hour (which actually was more like five hours) when people started leaving and I turned into a blubbering idiot. And I don’t really wanna talk about how bored out of mind I am during the day because there’s no one to freakin’ talk to — unless you count the dog and the cat, but I’d just be keeping them awake, and the thought of a 36-year-old woman talking to her pets is just sad.
But I have made it back to the gym, hitting the treadmill for 40- to 45-minute workouts, and I thought I’d share my first playlist. I’ll be switching to a new one soon, just to mix things up.
1. “Clarity,” John Mayer — It’s a nice warm-up.
2. “Unwritten,” Natasha Bedingfield — Yes, it’s been played to death, but it sets a slightly faster pace and a motivating mood.
3. “Let’s Get It Started,” Black Eyed Peas — Exactly like the title says…
4. “Deja Vu,” Beyoncé — Because every girl needs some Beyoncé in her workout.
5. “The Sweet Escape,” Gwen Stefani — There’s no way I can’t march to the beat of this song. It’s too damn catchy!
6. “Groove Is in the Heart,” Deee-Lite — C’mon, you know you love the early-90s dance pop! Astronomical!
7. “The Take Over, The Break’s Over,” Fall Out Boy — I’m working up to keeping up with the beat of this song.
8. “Kerosene,” Miranda Lambert — More female empowerment
9. “Sexy Back,” Justin Timberlake — Because that’s what I’m hoping to do… HA!
10. “Better Version of Me,” Fiona Apple — Because that’s what I’m striving for…
11. “Great Escape,” Pat Monahan — Just a good cool-down tune.